Downers Grove Illinois Real Estate Agent
How to find the right real estate agent for you.
If you’re selling a home or buying one, you’re probably searching for the right real estate agent for you. There are professional Realtors, part-time and full-time real estate agents, family friends who might be in the real estate field, and perhaps even neighbors just down the street. Which one should you choose?
- Work with a professional agent like Realtor Beata Kolpek.Here’s a scenario. Joseph and Mary of Downers Grove Illinois found what they thought would be their dream home. So they contacted a convenient real estate connection.“I called a family friend of my parents who is a part-time real estate agent,” Joseph says. “He showed us this wonderful home and we submitted an offer. It was at that point everything started to go downhill.”
Joseph says the seller’s real estate agent was a full-time Realtor and an experienced negotiator “willing to fight for her clients.” Josephs real estate agent was immediately intimidated. “It only took a little resistance from the more experienced Realtor and our real estate agent was scared to negotiate from that point on.”
Joseph’s lesson was learned. Joseph says the next time around, he’ll find an experienced full-time Realtor who knows the market. Someone who is looking out for his best interests, rather than just sealing any deal.
- Finding the right REALTOR for home sellers.The days of just putting a sign in a yard and putting its info in the MLS then simply waiting for the buyers to come knocking are long gone.What does this mean for home sellers? Because of the internet, the real estate game has changed. A home seller will want a tech-savvy Realtor. Because home buyers begin with the internet, house photos have to be professional, magazine quality, and the Realtor will need to write a description that is detailed and that pops.
Sellers will also need an agent that is active in social media marketing, SEO (search engine optimization) and has a unique website. It’s frightening how much Google and Facebook know about their users, but at the same time, it’s internet marketing gold for agents that are utilizing them. There’s no better way to get listings in front of buyers for the first time than the internet.
- Finding the best REALTOR for homebuyers.On the flip side of the real estate transaction, there’s much to be said for a real estate buyers agent with a fantastic track record of closing deals.Nationally, the average real estate agent only sold 4 homes last year. If you think about it, if you’re buying a home and you represent 25% of your real estate agents income for the whole year, do you really think they have your best interest at heart? More often than not, they’re just looking to close the deal.
A mediocre real estate agent will just search the MLS for homes that somewhat match your criteria, but great Realtors will hunt down homes that aren’t even on the market yet using their real estate connections. Great agents will launch direct mail campaigns in your desired area, contact other real estate agents in their network, and will utilize every tool at their disposal, including the internet, to find you the right home.
- Is there a difference between a Realtor and a real estate agent?The short answer is yes and no. On the surface, both terms are referring to the same profession. But if we dig a little deeper we find that the term REALTOR is a registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors. NAR members pledge to abide by the NAR’s code of ethics. And not all real estate agents can call themselves Realtors.However, there are similar ethical standards that are enforced by state and federal law, whether an agent is a registered Realtor or simply a real estate agent.
- Do your homework.Some things to consider when vetting your potential Downers Grove real estate agent:
- Check the agent’s online reviews. Many of the great agents have a number of great reviews that sing praises of their work ethic, negotiating skills, etc… Agents like Beata Kolpek have many reviews that you can see here: http://beatakolpek.com/reviews/
- Ask your agent what their marketing plan for your home might look like.
- Note how Downers Grove real estate agents respond to your inquiry. If a real estate agent answers your initial request for information and their marketing plan with a prompt, thorough and informative response, it is very likely that Realtor will provide that type of service throughout the entire real estate process.
Whether you’re a home buyer or a home seller in the Downers Grove area, Beata Kolpek is the smart choice for all of your Downers Grove real estate needs. Beata is the experienced REALTOR who knows the Downers Grove market and all of it’s surrounding communities. Contact Beata Kolpek of Platinum Partners Realtors today for all of your Downers Grove real estate needs!